We’ve had a lot of stuff going on this week, and we’re glad you stuck around to see it all happen. But just in case you missed something this week, here’s a list of all of the apps we’ve covered this week, plus the extra goodies.
Thanks for reading!
- Win an iPhone Wallet From WaterField!
- Outwit Your Foes with Spy vs Spy
- The Simple Game Will Soberly Puzzle You
- What Is Your Favorite Kind of Game?
- Match up in Zookeeper Battle
- 50 Incredible Sports Games
- Slingshot Racing: Simply Addictive Racing
- 10 Awesome Board Games for the iPhone
- Flip’s Escape: Surf the Stellar Wave
- iPhone Game Friday: New Releases
- Kingdom Rush: An Old World Tower Defense Strategy Game
It’s Game Week here at iPhone.AppStorm, and all this week we’re going to have tons of reviews, giveaways and other good stuff, all centered around the gaming world!
We’re covering lots of different types of games here on Game Week, from 8-bit retros to tower defense and everything in between. But what types of games do you like to play the most? Are you a fan of console ports, or are you all about shooters? Let us know in the poll to the right!
Mobiletuts+ is all about quality tutorials for mobile developers. Topics covered include native development with the iOS SDK – so if you’re looking to get into iOS development, Mobiletuts+ is the place to start.
The release of the iPhone 5 and iOS 6 has generated a lot of excitement, but the many new hardware and SDK changes can leave iOS developers feeling overwhelmed. This article will help you keep your skills up-to-date by providing a quick, high-level overview of the most important changes for iOS developers!
Are you a fan of games? Do you use your iPhone more than your Nintendo Wii or PS3? Are you hooked on everything from Infinity Blade to Angry Birds? We get you. Welcome to Game Week here at iPhone.AppStorm and iPad.AppStorm.
All this week, we’re going to have nothing but the best games and game-related content for you to enjoy. If it’s a game on the iOS platform, we’ve got it. Plus, we’ve got a few surprises in store as well.
So sit back and enjoy — Welcome to Game Week.
You’ve watched the keynote, seen the unboxing videos and read the reviews. You know everything there is to know about the latest and greatest iPhone — what else could you possibly have to discover?
Well I received my iPhone 5 yesterday via FedEx, and I spent the afternoon testing it in various conditions. How well did LTE work? What is the hardware like in real life? Is it worth the upgrade? This isn’t your typical new iPhone review, it’s a walkthrough of the product with casual and real thoughts as it’s being used. Hit us up after the jump to find out more. (more…)
Pre-orders for the iPhone 5 went live last Friday in the wee hours of the morning, and just an hour later, they were gone. Sure, you can still pre-order an iPhone 5, but now the wait time is 2-3 weeks. I’m sure some of you managed to get in your bid, so what did you order? Let us know in the poll to the right.
In my case, I got a 64GB black & slate model, and I even learned something. I called Verizon on Wednesday because I wanted to switch carriers. When I spoke to a rep, she gave me a number and extension to call on Friday morning. She said that if she wasn’t there, just to leave a message and she’d call me back.
At 11:45, I called her and left her a message. At 12:05 am, she called me and I was done by 12:15. Best purchase experience I’ve had with a cell phone company in a long time.
Point is, next time around, you might try your carrier and see what options they have for pre-orders!
Our featured sponsor this week is Mighty Deals, an awesome site that offers amazing and exclusive deals for web professionals!
Mighty Deals is a great place for any, and every, web professional to frequent – offering a wide range of deals perfectly suited to designers and developers! The deals range from Apps, to WordPress Themes, to Vector Icons, to eBooks – head over to the site to check them out.
Grab a 15% discount off any deal using the coupon: envato
Here are three current deals to whet your appetite…
- The Mac Photo Bundle – 3 Apps for only $20! – Take advantage of this Photo-Packed Mighty Deal Bundle consisting of three fantastic photo applications for the Mac: Snapheal, FX Photo Studio Pro, and ColorStrokes.
- The Web Designer’s eBook Bundle – only $6! – You’ve heard the buzz words: Responsive design; HTML5; social media. They’re all hot industry terms, but it’s tough to keep up with the technology they’re tied to. You can bounce around the Internet, reading an article here or a blog post there, or you can read some truly helpful eBooks and keep your coding cutting edge. This Mighty Deal eBook bundle features three helpful books for young web designers and developers: Responsive Web Design, Learn HTML 5, and Web Design Trends.
- Ultimate Web Designer’s Bundle – only $39! (reg. $202) – Resources are a web designer’s best friend. From icons to wireframes to UI sets, having pre-built pieces of a website can truly save time and effort. With this Ultimate Web Designer Bundle from Vandelay Premier, you’ll get everything you need to create the coolest-looking website around! The bundle is packed with UI sets, icons and wireframe elements.
So now it’s official: we’ve got a new iPhone. Doesn’t that old iPhone 4S look a bit dated now? Thing is, you can pretty much pay nothing for your next iPhone — something I’ve proven myself in the past. But if you don’t want the hassle, we’ve got a pretty sweet deal for you — right after the jump. (more…)