Mobiletuts+ is all about quality tutorials for mobile developers. Topics covered include native development with the iOS SDK – so if you’re looking to get into iOS development, Mobiletuts+ is the place to start.
The release of the iPhone 5 and iOS 6 has generated a lot of excitement, but the many new hardware and SDK changes can leave iOS developers feeling overwhelmed. This article will help you keep your skills up-to-date by providing a quick, high-level overview of the most important changes for iOS developers!
We’re proud to announce that our close cousin, MobileTuts has just launched an awesome new series on designing for the iPhone.
Here’s a brief description of the series:
“Are you a web designer, excited by the idea of designing iPhone apps, but unsure of how to get started? Or perhaps you’ve designed a couple of apps, but are looking to boost your skills with some fundamental knowledge of why we make certain design decisions for mobile? This series is for both novice and intermediate-level designers who want to make a big splash in the mobile design space!”
The topics you can look forward to in this series include both hands-on techniques and examples as well as mobile related design theory. The following is a line-up of what we will cover over the course of this series:
- Designing for the iPhone Audience and the App Store
- How to Use iPhone and iPad Design Templates
- Designing Apps that Use All Available iPhone Functionality
- How to Design for the Different Types of iPhone Apps
- The Mobile Design Process
- The Pros and Cons of Using Apple Default vs. Custom Graphics
- Understanding Your App’s Target Audience
- Icon Design Tips for iPhone and iPad
- iPhone Mockup Tools and the Wireframing Process
- Creating Screenshots and Icons for iTunes
So jump on over to MobileTuts and get started the road to becoming a rockstar iPhone designer!